Below is a sampling of commonly asked questions by families wanting to reserve a Homes of Heroes property. Homes of Heroes is dedicated to making your reservation process simple and user friendly. Let us know how we can further assist you.
- Where are the properties located? ALL Homes of Heroes properties are located within Loop 1604 in San Antonio, Texas to ensure your Airman can accompany you during days of town liberty.
- What are the advantages of renting an entire home vs. a hotel room? We get this question a lot. Homes of Heroes has a wide selection of different sized homes and nightly rates. Reserving an entire home allows all family to be under one roof and share equally in a nightly rate during your stay. Our properties also ensure that you have plenty of room for your Airman to rest and relax, room for cooking family meals, relaxing in outdoor areas, visiting, and so much more. Families find it much more economical to share in the total cost of an entire home vs having to reserve multiple hotel rooms with no ability to cook meals or allow your Airman to rest and relax.
- What if my Airman is recycled, discharged, or placed on med hold? In the event of a change in graduation dates, Homes of Heroes will rebook for a new date. If the home you originally booked is not available for the new dates, you will be booked in a comparable home that is available for your date. If a comparable home is not available, you will be given a full refund (minus a processing fee not to exceed $30). In the event that your Airman is discharged, a 100% refund will be given (minus processing fee not to exceed $30). We will do our very best to work with you, but we ask that you please request these changes at least 5 days prior to your arrival.
- When is check-in/check-out? Each property has a typical check-in time of 3pm on date of arrival, and check-out time of 11am on day of departure. If an earlier check-in time or later check-out time is needed, no problem. We make every effort to accommodate your needs as possible.
- When do I receive specific home information? At the time that your reservation is made, you will be charged 50% of the total stay amount. The remaining balance will be automatically charged to the card provided by you 5 days prior to your arrival date. To preserve security and integrity, you will be emailed the home address and check-in information 1-2 days prior to arrival.
- What do I need to bring? Every home is equipped with most everything you might need for a relaxing stay. Linens, towels, blankets, pillows etc. are all provided. We want your stay to be as relaxing as it can possibly be with all the comforts of home and in many cases MUCH, MUCH more! See specific home descriptions for more details.
- What is the Hero Fund? When you reserve a Homes of Heroes property, a portion of that revenue goes towards various foundations, scholarships, etc. that our Gold Star families have developed or are a part of. If a reservation cancellation has to be made and will not be rebooked for any reason that fund/transaction is non-refundable.
- What if I have to cancel my reservation? We understand that life happens and you may need to cancel your reservation completely. In the event that you must cancel your reservation, you will be refunded 100% with the exception of a processing fee not to exceed $30, as long as cancellation takes place at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. Homes of Heroes wants to make sure we are making every effort to accommodate our fellow families. We ask that you please be respectful and courteous to other families by not cancelling your reservation last minute if it can be avoided.